- This event has passed.
CLA Leader Workshop: Revised CLA Appointment Policies and Procedures
June 6 @ 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
CLA member leaders (i.e., Committee/Section Officers and Appointed Members) are invited to a virtual workshop to review CLA’s revised Appointment Policies and Procedures (eff. 01/19/2023). Leaders of CLA’s DEI Committee will discuss how the policy affects your Sections/Committees, provide an exclusive sneak peak at the 2022 demographic data of CLA leadership components, offer insight into how the DEI Committee can provide support, and answer any questions fellow member leaders may have, for example:
- Why was the policy revised and in what ways?
- How will diversity be measured?
- What happens if a CLA Committee or Section doesn’t realize the goals set in the policy?
- How can we recruit and engage more diverse participants?
Join your fellow member leaders on Tuesday, Jun 6th at noon:
- Terrance Evans, Member, CLA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee; Litigation Section Representative, CLA Board of Representatives
- Sean Hecht, Immediate Past Chair, CLA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Toni Jaramilla, Chair, CLA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
To view the CLA Appointment Policies and Procedures, visit: https://calawyers.org/california-lawyers-association/appointments-policies-and-procedures/