- This event has passed.
Become a Court Commissioner in LA County? What You Need to Know
July 6 @ 5:30 pm – 6:15 pm
Presented by the CLA Diversity Outreach Committee. Free virtual event — No MCLE credit offered — Recording not permitted
The Superior Court of Los Angeles County seeks qualified applicants to fill the position of court commissioner – applications are due July 14th. Co-Chair of the Superior Court of Los Angeles’ Court Commissioner Selection Committee, Judge Huey P. Cotton, and Commissioner Ashley Price will offer insight into the role of a commissioner, the application process, and explain the unique circumstances of this call for applicants. Following, program attendees will have a chance to ask questions about this opportunity to become a judicial officer.
- See the Superior Court of Los Angeles’ Notice to Attorneys (06/08/2023)
- Access the Court Commissioner Application
- Judge Huey P. Cotton, Co-Chair, Court Commissioner Selection Committee, Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
- Commissioner Ashley Price, Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles
- Tristan E.H. Higgins, Esq., Founder and CEO, Metaclusive, LLC; Chair, Diversity Outreach Committee, California Lawyers Association