** Note: This program is canceled **
Thursday, March 26, 2020, 12 noon – 1:30 p.m.
James M. Carter & Judith N. Keep U.S. Courthouse, Jury Room
333 West Broadway
San Diego, CA 92101
Earn 1.50 Hours General Credit
This program is presented jointly by the Insolvency Law Standing Committee of the Business Law Section of the California Lawyers Association and the San Diego Bankruptcy Forum.
In 2019, two significant statutory enactments, the Small Business Reorganization Act and the HAVEN Act, provided for significant changes in bankruptcy practice. Join Bankruptcy Judge Christopher Latham and bankruptcy practitioners Diane Gibson and Kit Gardner for an interactive review and discussion of this new legislation and how it might impact your clients. Attendees will gain an understanding of the new Subchapter 5 of Chapter 11 designed to streamline the reorganization process for small businesses and reduce costs. The panel will also review the HAVEN Act and the changes in the treatment of military disability benefits.
- Judge Christopher Latham
- Kit Gardner, Esq.
- Diane Gibson, Esq.
Moderator: Gary Rudolph, Esq.
- $35 for CLA Business Law Section Members, San Diego Bankruptcy Forum Members, and San Diego County Bar Association Members
- $45 for Non-Section Members and All Others
- $25 for CYLA members and Law Students
- $15 for Boxed Lunch (optional add-on, available only to pre-registrants)
The deadline to pre-register is Thursday, March 19, 2020.
How to Register
- Register Online Here
- Mail completed registration and mail to:
Program Registrations, CLA
400 Capitol Mall, Suite 650
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Email completed registration to ProgramRegistrations@calawyers.org. In order to email your registration, credit card information is MANDATORY. Photocopies of checks will NOT be accepted.
- On-site registration is subject to availability. Call (916) 516-1757 to confirm space availability. No cash will be accepted; check or credit card (Visa or Mastercard only) will be accepted. The optional boxed lunch will not be available for purchase to on-site registrants.
Requests must be received in writing by Thursday, March 19, 2020. A $15 processing fee will be charged for requests received after March 19, 2020. For more information, call (916) 516-1757.
For special assistance, please call (916) 516-1741.
For registration information, call (916) 516-1757. Telephone registrations will not be accepted. For program content and/or Section information call (916) 516-1741.
This event may be recorded. By attending this event, you consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded, and to any use, by the CLA, of your likeness, voice, and name in any and all media including social media. If you do not want your name or photo to be used, please let us know in advance. We cannot, however, honor requests to opt out of the use of your image or voice if you choose to ask a question during one of the event sessions.