The California Lawyers Association (CLA) is a nonprofit, voluntary bar association that serves thousands of licensed attorneys throughout California. We are the premier statewide voice for the legal community, advocating on behalf of our members before the Legislature, the Judiciary, the Executive Branch and the State Bar of California, which is the licensing and disciplinary regulator of our industry. The CLA consists of 18 distinct practice sections that cover different law practice areas.
The Privacy Law Section is excited to host the Second Annual Privacy Summit at the beautiful UCLA Luskin Center facilities in West Los Angeles on February 8 and 9, 2024. We would like to invite your organization to participate as a sponsor. The venue includes conference rooms and facilities, dining areas, lodging, and parking.
The CLA will publicize the Privacy Summit to its 1200+ members through a variety of channels, including email correspondence and social media platforms. The Privacy Law Summit is one of the very few privacy conferences held in Los Angeles and we anticipate a strong showing from privacy practitioners in the area.
We will also honor the California Privacy Lawyer of the Year at the Privacy Law Summit and will invite the privacy press, as well as local press to cover the award ceremony. We will announce the name of the recipient prior to the Privacy Law Summit to enhance publicity opportunities.
General Sponsorship Levels
The following three levels are available for sponsorship at the Annual Privacy Summit:
- Diamond Sponsor $10,000
- Platinum Sponsor $8,000
- Gold Sponsor $5,000
Each level comes with the following benefits:
|Recognition in Summit Materials||✓||✓||✓|
|Banner advert on Summit Website||✓||✓||✓|
|Session Interstitial Slides||✓||✓||✓|
|Stand at round tables||✓||✓||✓|
|Meet with the sponsors||✓||✓|
|Pre- and post-event mailings||✓||✓|
|Verbal Recognition at Summit Opening and Closing Statements||✓|
|Invitation to Speaker’s Dinner||✓|
(value at $595/ticket, includes over 8 hours of MCLEs)
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
There are a number of other opportunities to amplify your organization’s presence at the CLA Annual Privacy Law Summit, including unique sponsorships. Please inquire for additional information about these. Each event sponsor will receive one complimentary registration, as well as visual and verbal recognition during the sponsored event. The following opportunities are available:
|Privacy Lawyer of Year Award Ceremony/Happy Hour on Thursday Night (Feb 9)||$4,000|
|Breakfast or Lunch||$3,000|
The Annual Privacy Summit Sponsorships are subject to the policies below.
- The CLA and the Privacy Law Section retain and exercise full control over the sponsored event as well as all CLA and Privacy Law Section materials. No sponsor may be permitted to control the content of the sponsored event, or any publications or materials produced by the CLA or the Privacy Law Section.
- The identity or presence of the CLA and Privacy Law Section must predominate and must never be compromised or confused by association with the sponsor. The CLA and Privacy Law Section’s and logos must not be used in conjunction with a sponsor’s product or service without the express written permission of the CLA. The CLA’s name and logo should never be used in such a manner as to express or imply an endorsement by the CLA or Privacy Law Section of a sponsor’s product, publication, or service.
- Acknowledgment must not be so extensive as to suggest the sponsor “owns” or “controls” the sponsored event or CLA or Privacy Law Section’s programs, products, or events. Additionally, descriptions of the relationship between a sponsor and the CLA or Privacy Law Section must not imply endorsement of the sponsor. Words that imply endorsement, such as “exclusive,” “partner,” “preferred,” or “endorsed” must not be used in describing such relationships.
- The following or similar wording will be used for verbal acknowledgment:
The Annual Privacy LawSummit hosted by the Privacy Section of the California Lawyers Association is presented with the generous support of ABC Company and the following additional sponsors.
ABC Company is a proud sponsor of the California Lawyers Association’s Annual Privacy Law Summit.
- The exact parameters of signage, table-top exhibitions, and other visual material shall be determined by the CLA and the Privacy Law Section in conjunction with sponsors, subject to the ultimate discretion of the CLA and the Privacy Law Section.
- Sponsors may market sponsored events with the approval of the Privacy Law Section.
- All sponsors, acknowledgments, and events are subject to approval in the sole discretion of the CLA and the Privacy Law Section.