<< back to Lifetime Achievement Award
Each year, the Environmental Law Section presents its Award for Lifetime Contribution to the Field of Environmental Law, to recognize environmental lawyers who have contributed to the field of environmental law over a sustained period, achieved excellence in the practice of environmental law, and provided legal services with high ethics and collegiality. The presentation of the award each year at the annual Environmental Law Conference at Yosemite has become an annual tradition since the Section established the award in 2014.
To be eligible, a nominee must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least five years of experience as a California environmental lawyer
The following factors may be considered by the Executive Committee in its selection of the recipient of the Award for Lifetime Contribution to the Field of Environmental Law:
- Contributed to the field of environmental law over a sustained period
- Achieved excellence in the practice of environmental law
- Demonstrated commitment to the practice of environmental law
- Provided legal services with high ethics and collegiality
- Exhibited a commitment to work on a range of environmental issues irrespective of the level of public attention and media focus on such issues
- Implemented a new and/or creative approach to an environmental law issue
- Provided quality professional services
- Improved the lives of others
- Promoted diversity, equity, or inclusion in the practice of environmental law
Complete the form and supporting materials. Any questions should be directed to the Section. Please submit the following:
- Nomination Form
- Nominator’s Statement of Nomination
- Nominee’s Resume or Biography (indicating the nominee’s principal areas of practice, the number of years of practice, professional achievements, and other features of the nominee’s career, such as community involvement and bar association activities)
- Any Letter(s) of Support.
Note: Letter(s) of support are optional, but recommended. More than one person may sign onto a Letter of Support.
Please note that all nomination materials will become property of the Environmental Law Section and will not be returned.
Nominees from prior years will be automatically reconsidered for the 2023 Lifetime Achievement Award. However, at your option, you may submit new or updated nomination materials for a prior Nominee. These materials will be considered for the 2023 award if they are submitted by the deadlines identified in the Nomination Form below.
If you are unsure of whether a Nominee has been nominated in prior years, please direct your inquiry exclusively to Environmental@calawyers.org.