As COVID-19 restrictions have lifted and the State opened up on June 15, 2021, CLA’s Board, Sections and Committees have begun to meet in person again. We recommend CLA issue in-person guidelines to be used for all of meetings, events and activities.
The following guidelines were adapted from those used by the ABA. We recommend the adoption of these guidelines to be used as part of the registration process for all CLA meetings, events and activities as they will be applicable if and when circumstances surrounding COVID-19 change.
The California Lawyers Association (CLA) takes the health and safety of our members, guests, and staff seriously. We know that the decision whether to attend a meeting is based upon a variety of personal and business considerations. We will continue to monitor a variety of sources, including the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. state and local health authorities for the latest public health updates, as well as applicable restrictions on events and gatherings. CLA plans to hold this meeting in person but reserves the right to cancel or reschedule this event or convert it to a virtual event if health and safety restrictions require it. We will update the participants/registrants and the website should the plans for this event change.
As a part of the registration process to hold this CLA meeting in person, every attendee is required to affirm their commitment to comply with the in-person meeting guidelines. Please review the requirements carefully prior to registering for the meeting. You will be asked to accept the following affirmations during the registration process:
- By registering for and attending the meeting, I affirm that I will comply with all CDC, federal, state, and local laws, orders, directives, and guidelines related to COVID-19 and attending a large gathering.
- By registering for and attending the meeting or any event related to the meeting, I affirm that I have read and will comply with CDC guidance related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of face coverings for my vaccination status. I affirm that I will follow any more stringent state, local, or venue requirements regarding hand sanitation, distancing, or face coverings in place at the location of the meeting at the time of the meeting.
- I will also follow all travel restrictions in place at the location of the meeting and my point of origin at the time of the meeting.
- I will not attend the meeting if I have tested positive for COVID-19, am experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in close contact with some who has COVID-19. If at any time I begin to experience symptoms of COVID-19, or am in contact with someone experiencing symptoms, I will immediately leave the meeting and inform CLA.
- I understand no guests under the age of 12 are permitted at the meeting.
- If I bring a guest to the meeting or any event related to the meeting, I affirm that I will communicate the above listed requirements to each guest and secure each guest’s agreement to abide by the guidelines for their vaccination status.
We are collaborating with the Hotel to ensure compliance with U.S. state and local health authorities for the latest public health updates and CDC social distancing, food distribution, and in-person guidelines.
Use of face coverings is detailed out here https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/guidance-for-face-coverings.aspx
BE IT RESOLVED that effective immediately, the CLA Board of Representatives approves the use of the above in-person meeting guidelines as part of the registration process for all CLA meetings, events and activities.
Approved by the CLA Board of Representatives on Thursday, August 12, 2021