This program offers 1 participatory MCLE credit. You must register in advance to participate.
2018 has offered up some earthquakes in Labor & Employment. As we take a look at these decisions, their immediate impact, and the ripples following in their wakes, we look ahead to 2019 and a newly constituted US Supreme Court and California Supreme Court.
- Epic Systems v. Lewis (class waivers & arbitration)
- Janus v. AFSCME (union fees)
- Encino Motorcars LLC v. Navarro et al. (FLSA)
The Ninth Circuit:
- Rizo v. Yovino (Equal Pay Act)
The California Supreme Court:
- Dynamex Operations West Inc. v. The Superior Court of Los Angeles County (independent contractor)
Speaker: Kristen J. Nesbit
Moderator: Wendy McGuire Coats