- This event has passed.
Webinar: Fighting Sexism in Negotiations
May 28, 2020 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1 Hour MCLE. You must register in advance to participate.
- What should you do if your counterpart calls you “honey” or “sweetie”?
- How should you deal with a counterpart that has a reputation for treating women (or men) in a demeaning way?
- How can you avoid the implicit and unconscious gender bias that negatively impacts many negotiations?
Sexism pervades our society in countless ways – including in many legal negotiations. Men and women do negotiate differently. Sometimes your gender helps you. Other times it does not. But when sexism crosses the line – how should you deal with it?
5 Skills You’ll Learn
- Latz’s 5 Golden Rules of Negotiation – and how they apply in situations involving sexism
- How to use leverage effectively to move toward a more level gender playing field
- Ways to employ independent standards to reduce the adverse impact of sexism
- How knowing where and when to make a move – offer-concession patterns – will help you avoid the gender gap in salary negotiations
- When reframing the negotiation agenda will turn the tables to your advantage
FREE Expert Negotiation advice after the seminar ends
You will receive as an attendee an e-mail subscription to Latz’s monthly negotiation column – so you will never stop honing your skills.