- This event has passed.
The History of Black Judges and Lawyers in California
February 26 @ 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Presented by Duane Morris. Co-sponsored by the CLA Racial Justice Committee and the Litigation Section.
This program will explore the history of Black judges and lawyers in California, and the important contributions they have made to the advancement of civil rights, diversity, and inclusion in the United States.
- Honorable Judge Charles Smiley, Assistant Presiding Judge of the Alameda Superior Court
- Honorable Retired Judge Brenda Harbin-Forte of the Alameda Superior Court
- Honorable Judge Demetrius Shelton, Past President of National Bar Association, Past President of Charles Houston Bar Association, and Past President of California Association of Black Lawyers
- Civil Rights Attorney Robert Harris, Past President of National Bar Association, Past President of Charles Houston Bar Association, and Founder and Past President of California Association of Black Lawyers
Terrance J. Evans, Partner at Duane Morris LLP; Chair of the Litigation Section of the California Lawyers Association, Vice President of the Charles Houston Bar Association; Co-Founder and Co-Chair of the CLA Racial Justice Committee’ & Deputy Direct of Region 9 of the National Bar Association
- California Association of Black Lawyers
- California Lawyers Association Litigation Section
- California Lawyers Association Racial Justice Committee
- Charles Houston Bar Association
- Duane Morris LLP
- National Bar Association Region 9