- This event has passed.
Fifth Annual Celebrating Women in Competition Law in California
March 10 @ 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Thank you for your patience as we navigate through COVID restrictions and the Delta/Omicron variant. We have decided to move forward with the Fifth Annual “Celebrating Women in Competition Law in California” event on March 10, 2022.
Having this event in person (as opposed to virtual) is critical to the core principle of the event: to provide an opportunity for female antitrust practitioners and those who support them to be together in the same room to share experiences, stories and make connections. We’ll see you in San Francisco!
Location: Dirty Habit, Hotel Zelos, 12 Fourth Street San Francisco, CA 94103
This program offers 1.0 Hour Recognition and Elimination of Bias.
- 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Registration and Hosted Networking Reception
- 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Panel Presentation
- 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Hosted Networking Reception
In a conversation moderated by the Honorable Beth Labson Freeman, the panel of female trailblazers of the competition bar will share their paths to leadership, discuss the role of gender in their leadership styles, and provide advice for navigating gender-based obstacles. The evening will conclude with a hosted networking reception featuring delectable bites and beverages.
Moderator: The Honorable Beth Labson Freeman, United States District Judge
- Tina Sessions, Partner, Wilson Sonsini
- Lesley Weaver, Partner, Bleichmar, Fonti & Auld
- Mikal Condon, Senior Litigation Counsel, United States Department of Justice
- Laura Wilkinson, Senior Director and Associate General Counsel – Competition Law, PayPal, Inc.
- Jill M. Manning, Partner, Pearson, Simon & Warshaw LLP
- Kate Patchen, Director and Associate General Counsel of Competition, Facebook, Inc.
- $50 for Non-Members
- $25 for Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Section Members
- Free for members of the Judiciary, CYLA Members, and Law Students
Note: The deadline to pre-register is March 3, 2022.
Sponsor: This event is generously sponsored by Angeion Group and Huntington Bank.
This event may be recorded. By attending this event, you consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded, and to any use, by the CLA, of your likeness, voice, and name in any and all media including social media. If you do not want your name or photo to be used, please let us know in advance. We cannot, however, honor requests to opt out of the use of your image or voice if you choose to ask a question during one of the event sessions.
COVID-19 In-Person Meeting Guidelines
In accordance with state and local health and safety guidelines, all in-person meeting attendees will be required to show proof of full vaccination (at least two weeks after the last dose) or a negative COVID test (PCR and antigen tests, including rapid tests, are all acceptable within 3 days of entry into the meeting or event (unless a shorter interval is required by law). Test results must be from a test provider or laboratory and show the patient’s name, type of test performed, date of test and negative test result. Acceptable proof of a negative COVID-19 viral test result: a printed document (from the test provider or laboratory) showing test result or an electronic test result (email, text message, or mobile application record) displayed on attendee’s phone or mobile device. You may find a local testing site here: https://covid19.ca.gov/get-tested/. Along with proof of full vaccination or negative COVID-19 test, the attendee must allow show valid identification establishing proof of identity. If the local jurisdiction mandates stricter requirements for attending events or meetings (i.e., fully vaccinated persons only), CLA will follow the local jurisdiction’s guidelines in accordance with applicable laws.
As a part of the registration or RSVP process to hold this CLA meeting in person, every attendee must also affirm their commitment to comply with the in-person meeting guidelines and accept the following affirmations during the registration or RSVP process:
- By registering for and attending the meeting or any event related to the meeting, I affirm that I have read and will comply with CDC guidance related to hand sanitation, social distancing, and use of face coverings for my vaccination status. I affirm that I will follow any more stringent state, local, or venue requirements regarding hand sanitation, distancing, or face coverings in place at the location of the meeting at the time of the meeting.
- I will also follow all travel restrictions in place at the location of the meeting and my point of origin at the time of the meeting.
- I will not attend the meeting if I have tested positive for COVID-19, am experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19. If at any time I begin to experience symptoms of COVID-19, or am in contact with someone experiencing symptoms, I will immediately leave the meeting and inform CLA.
- I understand no guests under the age of 12 are permitted at the meeting.
- If I bring a guest to the meeting or any event related to the meeting, I affirm that I will communicate the above listed requirements to each guest and secure each guest’s agreement to abide by the guidelines for their vaccination status.
Administration of Policy:
At in-person educational conferences and events: Security officers will be hired to check documentation prior to any one receiving name badge or other attendee information.
At in person ex comm meetings: proof of vaccination or negative covid test must be checked by either the chair or the staff manager prior to entering the meeting room. Any attendee who does not provide this will not be allowed in the meeting room and may participate by Zoom
No copies or emails showing proof of vaccination or negative covid test will be collected or maintained by CLA.
As part of our commitment to the safety at our in-person event, all attendees must provide proof of vaccination OR lab results indicating a negative COVID test within 72 hours of checking in. Within 24 hours of the event, attendees will also be required to answer the health survey in the Clear app to enter the event. More details to follow closer to the event date.