- This event has passed.
2023 Annual Income Tax Seminar
July 28 @ 8:00 am – 2:20 pm
Join us on July 28, 2023, for the Annual Income Tax Seminar, a virtual conference that will provide comprehensive insights into critical topics shaping the world of taxation. This event is tailored for tax professionals, CPAs, attorneys, and financial advisors seeking to stay at the forefront of the industry.
The Annual Income Tax Seminar is a collaboration of CalCPA and the California Lawyers Association Taxation Section. This year’s event is hosted on CalCPA’s platform.
Key topics include:
- Assisting Individuals with Unreported or Misreported Crypto Transactions
- Cautions to Exercise When Claiming Tax Incentives
- When Does a Service Provider Have Income Tax Obligations in Other States
- Section 174
Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your knowledge and gain practical insights from our expert speakers. Register now and stay ahead in the ever-evolving landscape of income taxation.
8:00 – 8:05 AM | Welcome
8:05 – 9:25 AM | How to Help an Individuals with Unreported or Misreported Crypto Transactions
- Gain practical strategies to help individuals navigate the complexities of unreported or misreported crypto transactions.
- Learn about the importance of accurate recordkeeping and methods to address potential issues effectively.
- Annette Nellen
- Evan John Davis
- Yu-Ting Wang
9:25 – 10:40 AM | Cautions to Exercise When Claiming Tax Incentives
- Explore common pitfalls and challenges encountered when claiming tax incentives.
- Understand the due diligence required to ensure compliance while maximizing tax benefits.
- Melody S Thornton
- Carolyn Smith Driscoll
- Duncan Baker Will
10:50 AM –12:05 PM | When Does a Service Provider Have Income Tax Obligations in Other States
- Unravel the complexities of income tax obligations for service providers operating across multiple states.
- Review key rules and regulations governing sourcing, residency, nexus, and unitary principles.
- Hanna Cho
- Oksana Jaffe
- Shail Shah
- Ellen Swain
1:05–2:20 PM | Section 174 Topics
- Dive into the intricacies of Section 174 and its implications for research and development (R&D) tax benefits.
- Understand the changes brought by recent legislation and their impact on R&D calculations and recordkeeping.
- Cory James Stigile
- Peter Henderson
- Jason Riley
- Tony Coughlan
- $149 for Members (CLA Tax Section members get a discounted rate of $149 using promo code ITS23-CLA for 5 hours of MCLE.)
- $199 for Non Members