COVID-19 Updates & Resources
Messages from the President and Chair of CLA
Interview with Chief Justice Cantil-Sakauye
California Litigation Review Co-Editor-in-Chief Erik M. Silber recently sat down with California Supreme Court Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye to discuss COVID-19, among other topics. Read the interview.
Important Coronavirus Update from our CEO Ona Alston Dosunmu and our President Emilio Varanini
|March 13, 2020|
Dear CLA Members,
In light of the evolving guidance regarding social distancing and other efforts to mitigate spread of the novel coronavirus and the disease it causes—COVID-19, CLA has made the difficult but necessary decision to cancel all in-person CLA meetings, events and activities for March and April.
We will assess and make decisions about May at a later date. The health and safety of the guests and speakers at our meetings and of our members are our paramount concerns during these extraordinary times.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are working diligently to determine how to best deliver the content we had planned for our March and April events and you will be notified of program options as soon as they are finalized.
We appreciate your patience during this highly unusual time, and we truly value your participation in CLA.
With Warm Regards,
| Ona Alston Dosunmu|
C.E.O. & Executive Director
The CLA leadership team is carefully monitoring the evolving situation with novel coronavirus and the disease it causes, COVID-19. We are relying on scientific expertise from the following sources:
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Resources and References
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Twitter
- California Department of Public Health
In particular, we are following the guidance of the California Department of Public Health. While guidance is changing as additional facts emerge, the following reflects leadership’s current thinking:
- All in-person events in March and April have been canceled
- Scheduled Section ExCom meetings will held remotely
- We are working on scheduling a series of CLE webinars relating to legal issues surrounding the novel coronavirus that will be of interest to our members.
- While airlines are being generous about allowing flyers to rebook without charge, in the event that leaders have incurred out-of-pocket costs in connection with CLA events and activities, we will reimburse such costs consistent with our Travel Reimbursement Policy.
- The professional team in the CLA office are all working from home.