The CLA Board of Representatives (BoR) approved the organization’s first strategic plan consisting of six strategic pillars on March 25, 2022. The strategic pillars established by the CLA leaders set forth clear direction for the organization to follow over the next five years (2023-2027). To achieve the six strategic pillars, CLA must translate them into discreet, measurable workstreams. This process requires a strong and sustained commitment across the entire organization, the BoR, Professional Team, Sections, and committees.
The six strategic pillars are as follows:
- Leverage the history, experience, and expertise of CLA Sections to establish a strong recognition of the CLA brand, by being the leading voice and convener for the legal profession in California
- Establish long-term financial sustainability by increasing non-dues revenue, retaining members in partnership with CLA Sections and achieving a high net promoter score
- Grow paid CLA membership year over year, in partnership with CLA Sections, and increase engagement among members
- Deliver exceptional member experiences that enhance professional capabilities
- Champion diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in the California legal community through training, advocacy, affinity bar partnerships, and education to positively impact the future of the profession
- Strengthen and unify the CLA Community to create a culture of collaboration and partnership, while respecting the unique strengths and supporting the work of our CLA Sections and other components