- This event has passed.
Courts During COVID: Challenges and Successes
February 9, 2021 @ 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Co-sponsored by the California Lawyers Association Business Law Section and The Ninth Judicial Circuit Historical Society
There is no question that 2020 was a difficult year for the courts, lawyers and litigants. But it also presented opportunities for courts to experiment with innovative technologies and explore alternatives to in-person proceedings. The NJCHS, and the FBA of the Western District of Washington, present a two-part CLE series in which all-star panels of judges, lawyers and court personnel from across the Ninth Circuit discuss the challenges of 2020, the unexpected successes that were achieved, and to what extent new technologies and procedures may remain relevant post-COVID. The series will begin with a more general program and end with a program focused on remote trials in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
- Chief Judge Phyllis Hamilton (NDCA)
- Magistrate Judge Stacie Beckerman (District of Oregon)
- Magistrate Judge Candy Dale (District of Idaho)
- Susan Gelmis (Chief Deputy-Operations: Ninth Circuit)
- Kiry Gray (Clerk of Court: CDCA)
- Mo Hamoudi (AFPD: WDWA)
- Alexander Samuels (AUSA: District of Arizona)
Moderator: Judge Virginia Phillips (CDCA)