If you are interested in volunteering your time and expertise to contribute to the State Bar of California’s initiatives, please review the following information.
The State Bar relies on volunteers to serve on the Board of Trustees, committees, and external entities. The Board of Trustees is the policymaking and oversight body for the State Bar. Committees provide support and advise the Board in several areas to ensure that the State Bar effectively fulfills its public protection mission. The Board also makes appointments to external entities that work in furtherance of the State Bar’s mission.
Advancing diversity and inclusion in the legal profession is part of the State Bar’s mission. To that end, the Board of Trustees seeks diverse representation on all of its committees and external entities. The Board works to make appointments that reflect California’s multicultural population as well as a deep and broad range of perspectives, legal specialties, and professional experience. The State Bar complies with all applicable antidiscrimination laws in its appointment process.
In 2021, the following vacancies will be filled:
- California Board of Legal Specialization (2 vacancies)
- Client Security Fund Commission (2 vacancies)
- 2022 Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation (12 vacancies)
- Committee on Professional Responsibility and Conduct (4 vacancies)
- Council on Access and Fairness (1 vacancy)
If you are interested in volunteering on any of the above committees, please follow these steps:
- Review a more detailed description of the work of these entities, member time commitments, and details about the appointments process.
- If you would like more information about a committee, review their webpage listed here.
- Submit your application: Follow the instructions and submit a complete application by email or postal mail no later than Friday, March 19, 2021.
Applications are accepted year-round. However, if you wish to be considered to fill a vacancy on any of the committees listed above, please submit your application no later than Friday, March 19, 2021.
If you have questions or need further information, contact us at:
The State Bar of California
180 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA 94105-1639