The Labor and Employment Law Section furthers the knowledge of its members in labor law and employment issues by providing a forum for California’s labor lawyers and non-lawyers with an interest in labor relations and employment issues.
The mission of the Labor & Employment Law Section is to provide diverse educational opportunities and perspectives regarding labor and employment issues to our section members, to the bar, and to the general public.
The Section provides educational opportunities throughout the year, including opportunities for online participatory MCLE credit and self-study MCLE credit.
The Labor and Employment Law Section is a State Bar of California approved MCLE provider.
- California Labor & Employment Law Review, our journal sent automatically to all members
- Case Law Alerts, an optional subscription for updates delivered directly to your email inbox.
- California Public Sector Labor Relations
- “Your Legal Rights” Radio Program
- California Public Sector Employment Law (CPER)
- CPER Articles
Committees / Areas of Interest
The Executive Committee oversees:
- Public Sector Program
- Law School Writing Competition
- Section Internet
- MCLE Articles
- Delegates and Liaisons to Other State Bar Committees/Activities
The Labor and Employment Law Section has several subcommittees. Learn more about them and how you can get involved by clicking here. The subcommittees are:
- Annual Conference
- Collaborative Law
- Law Review
- Mediation Conference
- New Lawyers Conference
- Public Sector Conference
- Wage and Hour Conference
- Your Legal Rights
For information on joining the section, see join a section.