The Family Law Section furthers knowledge of our members in all matters relating to family law including, but not limited to, marriage, dissolution, custody and support, community property, adoptions, matrimonial mediation and other matters affecting the rights, privileges, duties and responsibilities to the members of the family. The Section was organized in 1978.
The mission of the Family Law Section is to enhance the practice of Family Law and elevate the standards of the profession by participating in the legislative process, mentoring new practitioners, issuing scholarly publications, and providing legal education across a variety of platforms.
- Fastcase legal research
- Membership rate to the CLA Annual Meeting, Solo Summit, and other distinguished CLA events
- 6 free hours of MCLE Credit
- Up-to-date California legislation tracking
- Family Law News subscription: This quarterly publication contains a variety of articles of practical use to attorneys at all levels of experience
- Family Law eNews bulletins: Unlimited access to Family Law ENews bulletins, which keeps section members timely abreast of statewide developments in family law
- Webinars containing MCLE education, six free hours of MCLE and low cost webinars and self-study
- Family Law News
- Family Law Section eNews and Case Alerts
MCLE Major Events and Programs
In addition to “stand alone” events, participate in the major CLA-wide events, and also in online and self-study education.
- Executive Committee (FLEXCOM)
- Editorial Board
To join the Family Law Section, see Join a Section.