Ca. Workers' Comp. Quarterly 2021, Vol. 34, No. 1
- A Closer Look at the New Med-Legal Fee Schedule
- Homeowner Claims Cheat Sheet
- In This Issue
- Let's All Get a Grip on Grip Loss
- Medical-Legal Billing Flowchart (with Non-Ibr)
- Temporary Disability During the Covid-19 Era
- The Importance of Understanding Legal Authorities in Workers' Compensation Cases
- Walking on Eggshells: Properly Apportioning to Causation of Permanent Disability and Not Causation of Injury
- Workers' Compensation Section 2020-2021 Executive Committee Roster
- Mpn Transfer Care—Who Is in Control and What Does That Mean?
MPN Transfer CareâWho Is in Control and What Does That Mean?
Zachary M. Kweller, Esq.
An employer’s right to medical provider network (MPN) control has been strengthened over time with the passage of SB 899 and again with SB 863. This article lays out a brief history of the right to medical control leading up to SB 863 and discusses post-SB 863 issues surrounding the MPN transfer of care, as well as some of the exceptions to the MPN transfer of care provisions. (The article does not address the ways to escape the MPN outside of CCR section 9767.9(e) and Labor Code section 4603.2(a)(2).)