Ca. Tax Lawyer September 2021, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 2021 Washington D.C. Delegation
- A Proposal Regarding the California Taxation of Non-california Resident Trusts and Their Beneficiaries
- Ascing For Credit: a Proposal For California To Adopt the Federal Alternative Simplified Credit
- California Source Net Operating Losses:
- SECTION OFFICERS & EDITORIAL BOARD
- Table of Contents
- Tax Business
- Updating California's Other State Tax Credit Laws To Account For New Pass-through Entity Tax Regimes Recently Enacted In Other States In Response To the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017
- Visiting the Committees
- Message From the Chair
MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR
Written by Laura L. Buckley
It is an honor to serve as Chair of the Taxation Section of the CLA. I truly appreciate the trust of the Taxation Section’s Executive Committee, and am grateful for the efforts this Committee has made during a very difficult period. The Executive Committee continued to meet regularly, through long meetings on Zoom, and we successfully transitioned our in-person conferences to virtual events. We voted to keep the current leadership in place for one year because we realized that very quickly we were going to have an entire Executive Committee made up of people whom had never actually planned one of our in-person events. We will continue to work hard to serve you, and we welcome your involvement at every level. Our website has information pertaining to our Executive Committee, our Standing Committees, and other programs that allow you to get involved with the Section, including the Odyssey Mentorship Program.
I would be remiss if I did not thank the outgoing Chair, Chris Campbell, for all of his hard work and ingenuity in keeping this ship afloat during the Covid-19 pandemic. Not only is Chris smart and dedicated, he is also very fun to work with on a Committee. He brings the party.
You will see that we have a brand new look for our California Tax Lawyer. In an effort to streamline all publications, the CLA has provided templates for the Taxation Section to use. We lobbied to keep our pictures of beautiful and iconic sites throughout California so the change (hopefully) was not too drastic. Thank you to Veronica Long and Adria Price for their work on this project.