Public Law Journal: Fall 2015, Vol. 38, No. 4
- Barbara Parker Honored as the 2015 Public Lawyer of the Year
- Five Members Appointed to the Public Law Section Executive Committee
- Litigation & Case Law Update
- Message from the Chair
- Public Law Journal
- Public Law Section Continues Partnerships with California Law Schools to Initiate Panel Receptions with Public Officials and Practitioners
- Remarks of the 2015 Ronald M. George Public Lawyer of the Year Award Recipient Barbara Parker
- Santa Brought Measles: California's 2014 Measles Outbreak and the Constitutionality of Mandates and Religious Exemptions
- Uci Law Student Tilman Heyer Wins Public Law Student Writing Competition
- Workplace Drug and Alcohol Policies: Common Pitfalls for the Public Employer
- Public Law Section
Public Law Section
The mission of the Public Law Section is to ensure that laws relating to the function and operation of public agencies are clear, effective and serve the public interest; to advance public service through public law practice; and to enhance the effectiveness of public law practitioners. The Section focuses on addressing issues related to administrative law, constitutional law, municipal law, open meeting laws, political and/or election law, education law, state and federal legislation, public employment, government contracts, tort liability and regulations, land use/environment issues, and public lawyer ethics.
The Section provides topical educational programs, seminars and resource materials; works to enhance the recognition of, and participation by, public law practitioners in the State Bar; presents its annual Ronald M. George Public Lawyer of the Year award to public law practitioners who have made significant and continuous contributions to the profession; and publishes the quarterly Public Law Journal.