International Law and Immigration
Ca. Int'l Law Journal 2019, VOL. 27, NO. 2
- 2019 Cla Annual Meeting Report
- A Comparative Analysis of Data Protection Requirements In the European Union and the Us Focusing On Germany and California
- Can the Eu's Reform Proposal For the Wto Dispute Settlement Understanding Break the Impasse At the Wto?
- Cla International Law Section Celebrates Renewed Ties With Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association and Participates In Joint Seminar On International Arbitration
- General Disclaimer
- Glimmer of Hope or Shining Beacon? the Damages Directive In France
- International Law Section Executive Committee
- Introducing the 2019 Warren Christopher Awardee: Barry a. Sanders
- Letter From the International Law Section Chair
- The California International Law Journal Editorial Team
- The California International Law Journal
- The French Bill On Hateful Content Online
- The Importance of Knowing Who Is, and Who Is Not, My Client
- The International Law Section of the California Lawyers Association
- Violence Against Women In India and Its Impact Throughout the Years: Suggested Legal and Policy Reforms
- Welcome From the Journal's Editor-in-chief
WELCOME FROM THE JOURNAL’S EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
Catherine (Cathy) Carlisle*
Over the past two years, we have worked to revitalize The California International Law Journal’s design and content, improving its relevance and increasing the diversity of subjects and viewpoints in each edition. Our goal is to provide a combination of practical insights from key players in various fields of international law, international perspectives, rigorous academic analysis, and updates on significant developments in international law. As the official publication of the International Law Section (ILS), we also strive to highlight key information about ILS initiatives, programming, and how to best benefit from ILS membership.
With each new edition of the Journal, we continue our initiative to build on our strong foundation as a leader in international legal publications to better meet our readers’ needs and interests. In addition to articles on a variety of timely and cutting-edge topics in international law, this edition includes discrete sections focused on ILS news, interesting legal issues specific to particular international jurisdictions, and contributions from members of foreign bar associations with whom the ILS has Friendship Agreements. We hope that this content will not only be helpful to your practice and involvement in the ILS and international law community, but will provide insight into interesting aspects of international law you may otherwise not encounter.