International Law and Immigration
Ca. Int'l Law Journal 2019, VOL. 27, NO. 2
- A Comparative Analysis of Data Protection Requirements In the European Union and the Us Focusing On Germany and California
- Can the Eu's Reform Proposal For the Wto Dispute Settlement Understanding Break the Impasse At the Wto?
- Cla International Law Section Celebrates Renewed Ties With Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association and Participates In Joint Seminar On International Arbitration
- General Disclaimer
- Glimmer of Hope or Shining Beacon? the Damages Directive In France
- International Law Section Executive Committee
- Introducing the 2019 Warren Christopher Awardee: Barry a. Sanders
- Letter From the International Law Section Chair
- The California International Law Journal Editorial Team
- The California International Law Journal
- The French Bill On Hateful Content Online
- The Importance of Knowing Who Is, and Who Is Not, My Client
- The International Law Section of the California Lawyers Association
- Violence Against Women In India and Its Impact Throughout the Years: Suggested Legal and Policy Reforms
- Welcome From the Journal's Editor-in-chief
- 2019 Cla Annual Meeting Report
2019 CLA ANNUAL MEETING REPORT
By Melissa Allain and Lance Belsome
From October 10 through 12, 2019, the International Law Section participated in the second Annual Meeting of the California Lawyers Association in Monterey.
The meeting was somber for many due to the loss of ILS Co-Chair Michael R. Newman who passed on October 7, 2019. Mr. Newman was a friend, a true international lawyer, and an integral part of ILS leadership since 2010.
On Friday evening, the ILS presented its Ninth Annual Warren M. Christopher International Lawyer of the Year Award. The award honors California legal practitioners who render extraordinary service to our profession in the field of international law. The recipient this year is Barry A. Sanders, the founding chair of the ILS, in recognition of his distinguished career and contributions to the practice.