TECHNOLOGY, INTERNET, & PRIVACY INTEREST GROUP
Technology, Internet, & Privacy Interest Group has the following programs in the planning stages:
Conferences: The IP & The Internet Conference. Scheduled for June 14. We’re working with Warren Dranit and Erica Bristol to put the event together. It is continuing to take up pretty much all our time and energy, and other webinars / CLEs will need to wait until after June.
- Bitcoin webinar has been rolled in to the ‘IP and the Internet conference.
- SOMETIME AFTER JUNE: Big Data and the FTC. Still waiting on the FTC’s report (they keep promising a report soon), but a wide-ranging Senate Committee Majority Staff Report on data brokers came out on Dec. 18. Looking for speakers, but no real effort until after IP & the Internet.
- NO DATE YET: Would like to work with Chris / Copyright IG on copyright small claims proposals, impact on internet content creators.
- NO DATE YET: Unnamed program on the implications of Monsanto on other self-replicating technologies (biotech, computer code). Co-sponsored with the Patent IG. Working with Tom Ward to get speakers.
- NO DATE YET: Arbitration clauses in online contracts: their growing prevalence and how to draft them so they aren’t unduly burdensome.
- NO DATE YET: Best practices in UDRP Proceedings