Family Law News 2018, Volume 40, No. 4
- An Evidence Code Primer for Family Law Attorneys Part III: Documentary Evidence
- An Overlooked Burden of the Premarital Agreement
- Does Fair Have Anything to do With It?
- Family Law News Editorial Team
- Family Law Section Executive Committee
- Finding Nemoh in Divorce
- Forensic Accounting "Light" and Why You Need It (Even When You Think You Don't)
- Legislative Liaisons and Designated Recipients of Legislation
- Loans In Family Law Matters
- Message from the Editor
- Table of Contents
- What Every Family Lawyer Should Know About Receivers
- What it Takes To Be a Putative Spouse in California and Its Benefits Part 3-the Effect of a Putative Designation
- Message from the Chair
Message from the Chair
Stephen D. Hamilton
Although I am the forty-first chair of the Family Law Executive Committee, I can also lay claim to being the firstâI am the first chair whose term will be entirely under the auspices of the California Lawyers Association. While I will be unable to affix the "California State Bar" to my title, as all my predecessors have, I proudly attach the California Lawyers Association preface to my title. I do so with pride because the incredible strides our nascent organization has made in the very short time which has passed since the sections were required to separate from the Bar.
CLA has restored the Annual Meeting to what it was always intended to beâan intensive and wide-ranging program of continuing education. The wide spectrum of topics covered at the Annual Meeting is a direct result of the breadth of the subject matters addressed by the fifteen different sections of CLA. CLA has also been actively updating its web site, communications and social media presence in order to increase the content available to section members. CLA has also provided the sections with a structure, and the freedom, to accomplish more than we could when the Sections were part of the Bar. The prospect of FLEXCOM operating an entire year under CLA guidance during my term as Chair is energizing.
I am even more excited by the programs and events to be carried out by FLEXCOM in the upcoming year, which include: