Family Law News 2017, Issue 4, Volume 39, No. 4
- Contracts and Standing and Support, Oh My!
- Family Law News Editorial Team
- Family Law Section eNews Special Announcement Family Law Section Awards - Seeking Award Nominations
- Family Law Section Executive Committee
- Hon. Garry T. Ichikawa Recipient of the 2017 State Bar of California Family Law Judicial Officer of the Year award
- Hon. Mark a. Juhas Receives Flexcom's Lifetime Achievement Award
- Legislative Liaisons and Designated Recipients of Legislation
- MCLE Article: Emerging Issues in Three Parent Law
- Message from the Chair
- Message from the Editor
- Reviewing a Marvin Action From a Litigator's Perspective
- Table of Contents
- Technology Corner
- The New Divorce By Mutual Consent in France: Recognition and Risks of Post-Divorce Litigation in Common-Law Countries: the Examples of England and the United States
- The Use of Motions in Family Law
- Why Esi Scares Me as a Solo Practitioner
- Child Custody Counselor Cherie Kagan Receives the State Bar of California's 2017 Court Staff Award
Child Custody Counselor Cherie Kagan Receives the State Bar of California’s 2017 Court Staff Award
Stephen A. Montagna, Esq.
Hugs and smiles were on full display at the El Dorado County courthouse in Placerville on July 12, 2017, as Cherie Kagan, a Child Custody Recommending Counselor (CCRC) for El Dorado County Superior Court, received FLEXCOM’s 2017 Court Staff Award. The award is given to honor and recognize court staff members whose sustained superior performance or extraordinary efforts assist the family law court system. Ms. Kagan is the first CCRC to receive the honor since the award has been presented.
As a CCRC, Ms. Kagan assists both branches of the El Dorado County family law divisions in South Lake Tahoe and Placerville. As the only CCRC who is fluent in Spanish, she provides bilingual services to all Spanish-speaking litigants involved in custody and visitation matters. Ms. Kagan completes her written reports in both English and Spanish, helping parties feel comfortable and assuring that their point of view is understood and well presented. With over one-third of the El Dorado county population speaking Spanish, her efforts have an enormous impact on those litigants she assists.