Family Law News 2016, Issue 3, Volume 38, No. 3
- 2015 Case Highlights: the Year in Review Continued
- Dividing Philanthropy on Dissolution of Marriage
- Family Law News Editorial Team
- Family Law Section Executive Committee
- Flowchart to Determine Deductible Support
- Legislative Liaisons and Designated Recipients of Legislation
- Message from the Chair
- Separate Property Real Estate, Investments, and Stocks-Apportioning Community Efforts
- Table of Contents
- What it Takes To Be a Putative Spouse in California and Its Benefits Part I - Void Marriages
- Message from the Editor
Message from the Editor
Time to Say a Final Goodbye…
After four years with the Family Law News, my journey as your Executive Editor has ended. This particular journey for me is a passion and dream realized. Journalism was always a passion I could not pursue in college, as it was not a field into which I could easily enter, if a permanent return to my birth country of Iran became necessary. However, with the ability to remain in this great country, practicing law, and later becoming involved with FLEXCOM, I fulfilled a portion of the dreamâit is seized, appeased, and quietly celebrated.
The journey began in China when FLEXCOM’s then-Chair, Andrew Cain, took a chance on me to be your Executive Editor. Three additional amazing Chairs, Mark Ressa, Raymond Goldstein, and Vanessa Kirker Wright, took similar chances on me. I thank them for their support and encouragement.