Meeting Topics 2018
Steven Chiodini is Of Counsel at the law firm of Adler & Colvin in San Francisco, where he practices exclusively in the law of tax-exempt organizations.
The Nonprofit Organizations Committee was pleased to continue offering educational programs at its monthly meetings throughout 2018, which included presentations on the following topics from practitioners:
- California’s land-use regulatory system as it affects nonprofits;
- Advising nonprofit clients on dissolving, including when dissolution may be appropriate, and what the steps to dissolve are;
- Charitable contribution deductions, including their limitations and the requisite substantiation and acknowledgment, as well as property donations, appraisals, and partial interests;
- How the recent changes in federal tax law affect nonprofit organizations;
- The circumstances under which a principal religious authority can veto or reverse a decision of an organization’s board of directors; and
- The opportunities and risks involved with fiscal sponsorship.