LETTER FROM THE EDITOR
Written by Daniel A. Lev
The Business Law News (BLN) is pleased to once again provide its Annual Review Issue which provides updates on numerous sweeping changes to various industry groups. As in the past, the 2023 Annual Review Issue will be broken into two issues due to the sheer amount of content from our Standing Committees, highlighting a number of developments during 2022.
This issue of our Annual Review includes submissions from the following Standing Committees:
- From the Corporations Committee: a review of selected 2022 developments in California corporate law and a perspective on the new California ratification law based on California corporate and Delaware ratification practices.
- From the Health Law Committee: a report on last year’s significant regulatory and case law developments.
- From the Insolvency Law Committee: a review of the diverse cases affecting a wide range of insolvency related topics, accompanied by an approved MCLE test.
- From the Non-Profit Organizations Committee: a review of a number of California legislative developments that affect nonprofit organizations.
- From Neil J. Wertlieb: a year-end update of ethics developments affecting business lawyers.
- Paul J. Dubow’s legacy submittal providing a valuable update of last year’s developments affecting alternative dispute resolution.