BLN Editorial Board: Letter from the Editor
Jerome A. Grossman
Welcome to the 2019 Annual Review Issue of the Business Law News (BLN), dedicated to informing you of developments during 2018!
Our Annual Review this year includes submissions from the following Standing Committees:
- From the Health Law Committee, an update focusing on several important 2018 legislative initiatives that addressed matters such as the rising costs of healthcare state and the opioid addiction crisis being faced by California.
- From the Corporations Committee, an analysis by Keith Bishop of last year’s Senate Bill No. 826, mandating that certain corporations include female directors on their boards.
- From the Agribusiness Committee, a report on last year’s significant legislative and regulatory developments.
- From the Commercial Transactions Committee: as in past years, the table of contents from the compendium of developments in commercial law during the preceding year, prepared by Steve Weise, Teresa Wilton Harmon, John F. Hilson, Stephen L. Sepinuck, Edwin E. Smith, and Lynn Soukup.
- From the Nonprofit Organizations Committee: a description of the educational presentations and opportunities to meet with government officials made available via their meetings last year.
- From the Insolvency Law Committee: Professor Dan Schechter’s annual update of important insolvency law cases decided during the prior year.