The California Lawyers Association Public Law Section will honor UC Berkeley School of Law Dean Erwin Chemerinsky with its highest award on October 3, 2022, following the constitutional law scholar’s talk on “Our Imperiled Democracy.” Click here for full details and how to register and attend.
Dean of Berkeley Law since 2017, Chemerinsky was previously the founding Dean of the University of California, Irvine School of Law. He has authored more than 200 law review articles and 14 books, including leading casebooks and treatises about constitutional law, criminal procedure, and federal jurisdiction. One of the country’s leading academic commenters on the U.S. Supreme Court, his op-eds and columns frequently appear in journals and newspapers across the country.
The award is presented annually to recognize a public law practitioner who has provided outstanding service to the public and possesses an exemplary reputation in the legal community and the highest of ethical standards. Since 2008, the award has been named for former Chief Justice Ronald M. George in recognition of his distinguished career.
Sponsorship requests are considered on a first-come, first-served basis; thus, we encourage you to respond as soon as possible. From there, you will be contacted by someone from the CLA or IP Law Section to provide digital files of your name or logo. Sponsorship opportunities are detailed below.
Signature Sponsor (1 available) $2,500
- Signature Sponsor recognition and acknowledgement at event, including signage
- Signature Sponsor recognition on event promotional materials
- Brief introduction and acknowledgement during reception
Speaker Sponsor $1,000
- Speaker Sponsor recognition and acknowledgement at event, including signage
- Speaker Sponsor recognition on event promotional materials
Supporting Sponsor $500
- Supporting Sponsor recognition and acknowledgement at event, including signage
- Supporting Sponsor recognition on event promotional materials