Thursday, August 29, 2019
5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Arnold & Porter
3000 El Camino Real
Five Palo Alto Square, Suite 500
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Earn 1 MCLE credit!
Young professionals are invited to an after-work discussion on the role of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) and the opportunities available for law firm associates, counsel and new partners in this field.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Topics to be Discussed
- Consideration of court vs. arbitration procedures, including benefits and disadvantages
- Comparison of mediation and arbitration in the dispute resolution process
- Review of state and federal ADR statutes
- Reference to recent state and federal court decisions regarding arbitration
- Contrast and comparison of the different types of arbitration and the rules that apply
- Review of leading ADR provider rules and processes
- Discussion of legal issues addressed by ADR in the technology field
- Gary Benton – SVAMC
- Amy Endicott – Arnold & Porter
- Aaron Gothelf – AAA
- Serena Lee – JAMS
- Ana Sambold – CLA
- Alexandra Stathopoulos – CYLA
Please join us after the discussion for a complimentary wine and cheese reception.
- $25 for CLA Litigation Section members
- $35 for non-CLA members
- $15 for CYLA and law students
The pre-registration deadline is Monday, August 26, 2019.
How to Register
- Register Online
- Mail Registration Form to Program Registrations at:
Program Registrations, California Lawyers Association
400 Capitol Mall, Suite 650
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Email to ProgramRegistrations@CAlawyers.org. In order to email your registration, credit card information is MANDATORY. (Photocopies of checks will NOT be accepted.)
- On-site registration will be on a space available basis. Call to confirm space availability.
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be received in writing no later than Thursday, August 22, 2019 and are subject to a 15% processing fee. Refunds will not be available after August 22, 2019.
For registration information, call 916-516-1757. Telephone registrations will not be accepted. For program content and/or Section information call 916-516-1750.
For special assistance, please call 916-516-1750.
The California Lawyers Association is an approved State Bar of California MCLE provider.
This event may be recorded. By attending this event, you consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded, and to any use, by the CLA, of your likeness, voice, and name in any and all media including social media. If you do not want your name or photo to be used, please let us know in advance. We cannot, however, honor requests to opt out of the use of your image or voice if you choose to ask a question during one of the vent sessions.