In April and May of 2020, we hosted a series of YouTube Live session of news for California litigators. Topics were focused on experiences & practices around the state of litigating during the pandemic.
If you were unable to attend the live webcast sessions, we invite you to view the recordings below.
Thursday, April 30:
- Marc Alexander interviews Dean Erwin Chemerinsky (University of California, Berkeley – School of Law) about the constitutional and statutory powers of government to address COVID-19
- Ana Sambold, Esq. reviews recent COVID-19 procedures at San Diego Superior Court
- Adrieannette Ciccone, Esq., MA discusses the 4/30 order from California Chief Justice Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye, which extended the deadlines for criminal trials
Thursday, April 23:
- George Wailes, chair of the Litigation Section Executive Committee, will start us off with an update of information about San Francisco Superior Court.
- Michelle Galloway, a member of the Litigation Section Executive Committee, will provide tips on attendance at remote hearings.
- Adrieannette Ciccone, a member of the Litigation Section Executive Committee, will provide a summary of the updates to Emergency Rule Nos. 8 (protective & restraining orders), 12 (service) and 13 (support order modification.) All the rules can be found at https://bit.ly/2Y13x72.
Thursday, April 16:
- Introduction by George Wailes, Chair of the Litigation Section
- Michelle Galloway of Cooley discussed how to appear and stay professional in a remote hearing setting
- Mary McKelvey and her colleague at Polsinelli, Kirra N. Jones, discussed developments in LA and Alameda County Superior Courts
- Marc Alexander discussed ADR with remote hearings
- Moderated by Mike Kelleher
- All California Court Updates
- Los Angeles Supreme Court
- San Francisco Superior Court
- Alameda County Superior Court
- ADR and Zoom
The California Lawyers Association has created several resources for the public in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. To view our full collection of public resources, please visit: calawyers.org/covid19.
The information offered in these videos has been provided as a public service and is intended to provide basic information based on the rules in effect as of the recording dates. This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.