** This program has been canceled **
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
5:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
University of California Irvine School of Law
Moss Cove Room B
311 West Peltason Drive A
Irvine, CA 92697
This program is certified for .75 hours of Elimination of Bias credit.
Lawyers trade on brainpower for a living. The brain is a beautiful and only partially-understood organ; far more complex than most man-made machines. Machines, when they are free of defects and are properly serviced and maintained, are reliable in their efficiency and execution. The human brain is not. Each action or decision is comprised of conscious and unconscious processes that affect outcomes, and these processes are influenced by numerous factors. The purpose of this session is to introduce you to critical thought processes that affect key decisions in legal decision-making and equip you with the tools needed to increase the likelihood of positive outcomes.
- L. Song Richardson, Dean and Chancellor’s Professor of Law, University of California Irvine School of Law
- Hon. Kirk Nakamura, Presiding Judge, Superior Court of Orange County
How to Register
- Register Online Here (This program has been canceled)
- Send this form to: Program Registrations, California Lawyers Association, 400 Capitol Mall, Suite 650, Sacramento, CA 95814
- Email Program Registrations at ProgramRegistrations@CAlawyers.org. In order to email your registration, credit card information is MANDATORY. (Photocopies of checks will NOT be accepted.)
- On-site registration is subject to availability. Call to confirm space availability.
Registration Fee Info
- Free for Students of the UC Irvine School of Law (please still register to attend)
In order to pre-register, your form and check, payable to California Lawyers Association, or credit card information must be received by April 7, 2020
Cancellations & Refunds
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be received in writing no later than Tuesday, April 7, 2020 and are subject to a $25 service charge. Refunds will not be available after April 7, 2020.
For special assistance, please call 916-516-1750.
For registration information call 916-516-1757. Telephone registrations will not be accepted. For program content and/or Section information call 916-516-1750.
This event may be recorded. By attending this event, you consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or otherwise recorded, and to any use, by the CLA, of your likeness, voice, and name in any and all media including social media. If you do not want your name or photo to be used, please let us know in advance. We cannot, however, honor requests to opt out of the use of your image or voice if you choose to ask a question during one of the event sessions.
California Lawyers Association is an approved State Bar of California MCLE provider.