These rules apply to all sweepstakes conducted by the California Lawyers Association (CLA).
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- PRIZE. The prizes for this sweepstakes are valued at:
a. Apple iPad Air – $599
b. CLA Branded Hoodie Sweatshirt – $48.99 each (Total 8)
The odds of winning will depend upon number of entries received. 9 prizes will be awarded.
- ELIGIBILITY TO ENTER. The sweepstakes is open to all individuals who refer new members to CLA and complete the referral entry form here as of December 16th, 2020 who are 18 years of age or older on the date of entry. CLA reserves the right to examine identification and may reasonably choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented. An unlimited amount of entries are allowed per individual during the entry period. CLA employees and their immediate family (e.g., current, and ex- spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings and in-laws and steps in any of the foregoing categories) and other household members (e.g., roommates, housemates, significant others, and partners of each residing at the same address) are NOT eligible. Entrants must submit their referrals by February 28th, 2021 to be entered into the sweepstakes. Once you submit your referral via the online form [insert link], you will be entered in the sweepstakes. Any entry submitted will be rejected if, in the sole and absolute discretion of CLA, it is not completed and submitted by the deadline. The CLA website’s database clock will be the official timekeeping device for entries.
- DETERMINATION OF THE WINNER. The winners will be selected in a random drawing by CLA on March 5th, 2021 from all eligible entries received. Winners will be notified by email on or around March 5th, 2021. All prizes will be emailed to the address the winner provides. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after his/her eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by CLA. Prizes will be released to winners only.
- SUBSTITUTION OF PRIZE. CLA reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value for all sweepstakes. Non-cash prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. Specific restrictions regarding awarded prizes will be provided, if applicable, to the winner.
- TAXES. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the Official Rules.
- PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the sweepstakes constitutes the entrant’s consent for CLA to use the entrant’s first and last name, likeness, prize information, city and state of residence, and any comments or other feedback related to any prize or sweepstakes experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
- DISPUTES & GOVERNING LAW. CLA shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the sweepstakes and in the interpretation of sweepstakes rules. CLA’s decision(s) are final. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and CLA in connection with the sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
- MISCELLANEOUS. Entry into the sweepstakes constitutes acknowledgement and agreement by entrants to abide by these Official Rules, as well as any other applicable sweepstakes rules established by CLA. All entries become the property of CLA and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry or suspected of fraud or tampering with any sweepstakes may be barred from further participation in that sweepstakes and, in CLA’s sole discretion on a case by case basis, banned from any future participation in any CLA sweepstakes. CLA sweepstakes are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
- SPONSOR. California Lawyers Association, 400 Capitol Mall, Suite 650, Sacramento, CA 95814