- This event has passed.
What’s Up With Us!
November 15 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Free event! No MCLE
WHAT IS IT? Real Property Law Section monthly discussion of new real property cases, a guest interview, and announcement of upcoming RPLS events.
WHEN IS IT? Wednesday November 15, 2023, from 1:00 – 2:00 pm.
HOW MUCH IS IT? IT’S FREE!!
What’s Up With Us! hosts Neil Kalin and Michael Simkin will discuss the recent cases of interest below and interview a guest:
(1) Property Owner Liability. Whether injured employee of independent contractor can sue property owner for faulty roof hatch.
(2) Successor Right to Reinstate Loan in Default. Whether an owner who acquired title after HOA foreclosed on lien can reinstate senior lien in default.
(3) Ellis Act Violation Subject to Class Action. Whether there is unity of interest in tenants displaced by landlord pursuant to Ellis Act if some units offered for rent on Airbnb.
(4) Email Signature Blocks. Whether an email signature block automatically attached creates consent to contract electronically.
(4) Tenant Claims Post-Surrender of Possession. Whether a tenant’s surrender of possession precludes tenant from pursuing tort and statutory claims against landlord.
What’s Up With Us! Register Here: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_UDOwRerUT_a1SoldUX_wcA