- This event has passed.
Wellness, Health, and Sobriety During These Difficult Times
October 24, 2020 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Give Yourself a Gift! FREE Conference for Legal Professionals: Wellness, Health, and Sobriety During These Difficult Times. Sponsored by The Other Bar
The Other Bar is a California non-profit service organization dedicated to assisting attorneys, judges, paralegals and law students who struggle with wellness issues and related problems with alcohol or other substance use. We are proud to sponsor this conference offering wisdom, guidance, humor and education designed to help you stay sane, productive, and yes, even happy, during this unprecedented confluence of overwhelming events and challenges. We have assembled a lineup of stellar speakers for this event, which includes 2 MCLE presentations: Mental Competency/Substance Abuse in the Legal Profession, and Legal Ethics. (1 hour credit each.)
Registration: All registered attendees will receive follow-up emails with supplemental materials, instructions, Zoom links, and, for Other Bar members, a meeting password. To register, click on the button below or call/email David Mann at 415.240.1599, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summary Event Schedule
- 9:15-9:30 AM | Introduction to The Other Bar and Conference Guidelines
- 9:30-10:30 AM | Justice R. Ashby Pate | Be the Light: The Power of Human Connection in the Criminal Justice System
- 10:45-11:45 AM | Roland Williams, MA, MAC, LAADC, NCACII, CADCII, SAP | Staying Clean, Sober and Sane During These Trying Times*
- 1:30-2:30 PM | Mark Lundholm | HUMOR Begins & Ends with HR
- 2:45-3:45 PM | AttorneySamuel C. Bellicini | Ethics in the Time of Coronavirus**
- 4:00-5:00 PM | Attorney Francine Ward | Lessons Learned in Dealing With COVID-19 … and Everything Else!
- 6:30-8:00 PM | Other Bar Meeting (closed: members and invitees only)
*1 CLE Credit: Mental Competency/Substance Abuse in the Legal Profession
**1 CLE Credit: Legal Ethics
The Other Bar is a certified MCLE provider (#10821) and a California 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to provide free confidential support and referrals to attorneys struggling with addiction to alcohol or other substances. For more information, please visit our website at www.otherbar.org or call 1.800.222.0767 for a confidential consultation.