- This event has passed.
Webinar: What CISOs and CDOs Should Know About Data Ethics Strategy Design
May 20, 2021 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Presented by the Privacy Law Section of the California Lawyers Association and the IAPP.
Often times, CISOs and CDOs face strategic questions for the company that require a serious conversation about “what do we have to do” and “what should we do.” This panel of privacy lawyer experts will present how businesses should not only comply with new and emerging laws that regulate the collection and use of data but also consider how to anticipate consumer expectations and changes in regulatory landscape to develop a data ethics strategy.
Topics to be addressed:
- Non-discrimination right under CCPA
- Right to opt-out of profiling under CPRA
- Right to object to automated decision-making under GDPR
- Data Fiduciary balancing test requirement under the New York Privacy Act
Host: Dave Cohen, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, Senior Knowledge Manager, IAPP
- Jeewon Serrato, CIPP/US, Partner, Digital Transformation and Data Economy, BakerHostetler
- Mark Aldrich, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, Senior Counsel, Research & Development, Airbnb.
- Brett Cook, CIPP/US, US Privacy and Compliance Officer, Wells Fargo
Eligible CPEs: CIPP/A, CIPP/C, CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM and CIPT.
1.0 CPE credit