This webinar is free. 1.5 Hours MCLE. You must register in advance to participate.
CLA is very pleased to present a special free-of-charge webinar designed for law firm owners, partners, and managers of small or medium-sized firms. COVID-19 is causing an almost immediate dramatic shift in how private practice law firms operate. Most physical facilities were shut down, and many courts went on temporary hiatus. On top of these challenges, most firms went through a fire drill process to remotely deploy their workforces. As a result of this unprecedented shift, law firm leaders have many questions that may remain unanswered. Should we be considering layoffs? What about my leases? Should we be borrowing money to weather the storm? What actions are smart and what are premature?
TOP TEN LIST
- Employees – Should my firm be laying off or furloughing my staff, or is it too early to consider that?
- Salary reductions – What about salary reductions? Are other firms considering that?
- Credit – Should my firm be considering a loan or line of credit of some sort, to weather the storm? What are the options for my law firm?
- Lease – What about the lease for my office? What should I be thinking about there?
- Productivity – My firm is based on the billable hour model. I am concerned about my ability of our attorneys to keep busy, with the court closures. Is this a realistic concern?
- Collections – What about collections? What can my firm do to enhance our probability of collecting on the work that we do, given all the businesses that are in distress?
- Contingency fees – My firm does a lot of contingency fee work. How are we going to be affected and what can we do to maintain our model?
- Cybersecurity – What is the top cybersecurity issue for my law firm in this new environment? Are we doing enough?
- Isolation – We are concerned about the isolation created by our staff working at home. How should my firm deal with this?
- Malpractice – In light of the rapid changes in the court system in particular, should we be worried about malpractice exposure? What can we do to protect ourselves?
Speakers: Nadia Bermudez, Jason Hughes, Christopher Karachale, Randall Miller, and Heather Rosing.