- This event has passed.
Webinar Replay: Dogs in the Workplace: Top 10 Tips for Drafting the Commercial Lease to Allow Dogs in the Office
September 7 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
1 Hour MCLE; 1 Recognition and Elimination of Bias
There is a growing trend of employers adopting dog-friendly policies in the workplace. These companies argue that dogs in the workplace reduce stress and encourage positive social interaction among employees. Commercial landlords who previously prohibited dogs in the workplace have had to learn how to accommodate the tenant requirement of allowing dogs in the workplace. This webinar will examine the various lease provisions and other documents which are typically incorporated into a commercial lease to both protect landlord’s interest in maintaining a first-class office project and ensuring that the tenant can bring dogs into the workplace. Special consideration will be given to the difference between service dogs and emotional support dogs.
- Landlord concerns about dogs in the workplace
- Tenant’s need for dogs in the workplace
- Differences between service dogs and emotional support dogs
- Modifications to premises & office project to accommodate dogs
- Landlord “dog rules” including consequences for tenants who do not follow such rules
- Modifications to standard indemnity and insurance provisions
- Landlord’s role in resolving disputes about dogs
- Tenant dog policy
Speaker: Jo Ann Woodsum