- This event has passed.
Webinar Replay: A Primer on Open Source Software Legal Issues
January 14, 2021 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
This program offers 1 participatory MCLE credit.
Open source software (OSS) is ubiquitous, yet OSS legal issues are often misunderstood or not even identified in the first place. This webinar will provide a primer on OSS legal matters. Among other things, this webinar will discuss:
- legal principles behind OSS licensing;
- key legal issues in the most widely-used OSS licenses;
- how to enhance compliance with OSS licenses;
- how to conduct OSS audits;
- how to avoid and respond to open source enforcement claims; and
- conducting due diligence and related M&A issues related to open source software licenses.
Speaker: Heather Meeker
Moderator: Angus M. MacDonald