The Judicial Appointment Process: What You Need to Know
February 19, 2021 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Free event! No MCLE.
Diversifying the profession and our bench is critical for all Californians. Hear from the Governor’s new Judicial Appointments Secretary, the Deputy Judicial Appointments Secretary, the Chair of the Judicial Nomination Evaluation Committee, the two sitting judges about the judicial appointments process and how to plan your path to the bench.
Immediately following the event, a networking session will be held.
This program is collaboratively presented by the California Lawyers Association and the Judicial Council of California.
We also welcome the opportunity to co-sponsor this program with other bar associations. If you would like to offer this program to your members at no charge, please reach out to Ellen.Miller@calawyers.org
- Luis Cespedes, Judicial Appointments Secretary Office of California Governor Gavin Newsom
- Gonzalo C. Martinez, Deputy Judicial Appointments Secretary, Office of California Governor Gavin Newsom
- Aminder Singh, Chair , Judicial Nominees Evaluation (“JNE”) Commission
- Hon. Elizabeth G. Macias, Superior Court of Orange County
- Hon. Connie R. Quinones, Superior Court of Los Angeles County
This program is proudly co-sponsored by:
- Alameda County Bar Association
- Bar Association of San Francisco
- Bay Area Lawyer Chapter of the American Constitution Society
- California Association of Black Lawyers
- Filipino Bar Association of Northern California
- Marin County Women Lawyers
- Mexican American Bar Association
- Multicultural Bar Alliance of Southern California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- South Asian Bar Association of Northern California
- South Asian Bar Association of Sacramento
- Wiley Manuel Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Sacramento