- This event has passed.
The Judicial Appointment Process: What You Need to Know – A Special Program for the Central Valley
July 28, 2021 @ 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm
Free event! No MCLE. Open to all!
Diversifying the profession and our bench is critical for all Californians. Hear from the Governor’s Deputy Judicial Appointments Secretary, the new Chair of the Judicial Nomination Evaluation Committee, sitting judges and a member of the local joint Judicial Selection Advisory Committee about the judicial appointments process and how to plan your path to the bench.
This program is collaboratively presented by the Fresno County Bar Association, the Kern County Bar Association, the San Joaquin County Bar Association, the California Lawyers Association, and the Judicial Council of California.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Welcoming remarks from the leadership of the Superior Courts of Fresno, Kern and San Joaquin Counties
- Presiding Judge Arlan L. Harrell, Superior Court of Fresno County
- Presiding Judge Colette M. Humphrey, Superior Court of Kern County
- Former Presiding Judge Linda L. Lofthus, (Superior Court of San Joaquin County)
- Hon. Jayne C. Lee, Superior Court of San Joaquin County – Moderator
- Hon. Marcos R. Camacho, Superior Court of Kern County
- Hon. Hilary A. Chittick, Superior Court of Fresno County
- Gonzalo C. Martinez, Deputy Judicial Appointments Secretary, Office of California Governor Gavin Newsom
- Stella Ngai, Chair , Judicial Nominees Evaluation (“JNE”) Commission
To submit questions in advance please email questions to email@example.com by July 23, 2021.
This program is proudly co-sponsored by…
- CSU, Bakersfield Pre-Law Society
- Central California Asian Pacific American Bar Association (CCAPABA – Asian Bar)
- Central Valley Unity Bar
- Fresno County Bar Association
- Fresno County Women Lawyers
- Kern County Bar Association
- La Raza Lawyers Association, Central Valley Chapter
- Multi-Cultural Bar Alliance, Kern County
- San Joaquin County Bar Association