Free event! Free lunch!
Ever wondered what a career in the public law sector is really like? This panel discussion is for you!
Monday, March 4, 2018, 12:50 p.m. – 2 p.m.
UC Berkeley School of Law
225 Bancroft Way, Berkeley
RSVP to Nikki Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/28/19.
The Public Law Section’s Executive Committee is hosting a complimentary lunch discussion in Berkeley for any students or new lawyers to explore careers in public service. The panel, sponsored by Sidley Austin LLP, will be moderated by Dean Erwin Chemerinsky. The panelists will discuss their careers dedicated to public service and the qualities they look for when hiring.
- Dean Erwin Chemerinksy, UC Berkeley School of Law (moderator)
- Suzanne Ambrose, Executive Officer of the CA State Personnel Board
- Greta S. Hansen, Chief Assistant County Counsel Santa Clara County
- Janill L. Richards, Principal Deputy Solicitor General Cal. Dept. of Justice
- Brian Stretch, Former U.S. Attorney for Northern District of CA Partner, Sidley Austin
Don’t miss this opportunity to meet influential public officials and private attorneys specializing in public law. Attendees who qualify will also receive:
- Free membership to the Public Law Section
- 10% discount on CEB programs co-sponsored by the Public Law Section, as well as discounts on select CEB publications
- Free subscription to the quarterly Public Law Journal
- E-news Public Law Section updates
- MCLE programs offered by the California Lawyer’s Association
- Webinars and a self-study online catalog offering MCLE credits throughout the year
- Discounted admission to the annual California Public Records & Open Meetings Conference