- This event has passed.
Privacy Law Breakout Session
April 6 @ 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
Please join CLA’s Privacy Law Section for our special breakout session during Legislative Day on April 6, 2022. This session provides an excellent opportunity to explore legislative issues on the horizon in the area of privacy law and to interact directly with key decision makers.
- 1:30 – 2:00 p.m. | Melissa Immel, Deputy Legislative Secretary and Chief of Legislative Operations, Office of Governor Gavin Newsom & Julia Spiegel, Deputy Legal Affairs Secretary, Office of Governor Gavin Newsom
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. | Irene Ly, Policy Counsel, Common Sense Media
Topics to be discussed include:
- Governor’s legislative priorities
- Federal comprehensive privacy legislation
- COPPA 2.0 and Age Appropriate Design Code
- Federal and state proposals on platform transparency, content moderation and algorithms
- FTC comments on surveillance advertising and the latest enforcement case, Weight Watchers
- CCPA enforcement by the California Attorney General
- Rulemaking by the California Privacy Protection Agency
Moderated by Jeewon Kim Serrato, Partner at BakerHostetler