We offer free MCLE as a member benefit.
Self Study MCLE
6.5 hours of free MCLE are provided. This benefit comes in the form of the audio programs listed below. Keep a record of having done so, and you can claim self-study MCLE credit.
Note: Attorneys must track their own hours for self-study activities. We do not provide Certificates. For more information on record keeping, click here.
We are currently offering:
- 4.25 hours in Legal Ethics
- 1 hour in Competency Issues
- 1 hour in Elimination of Bias
- 1 hour in Legal Specialization in Legal Malpractice
- Difficult Personalities Confronted by Lawyers [1.25 Hours MCLE Credits; 1.25 Ethics]
- Ethical Considerations in Pro Bono Work [1 Hour MCLE; 1 Ethics]
- E-Ethics: Successfully Navigating Social Media & Tech in Marketing & Representing Clients [1 Hour MCLE; 1 Ethics]
- Substance Use Disorders, Mental Health and The Practice of Law [1 Hour MCLE; 1 Competency Issues (formerly Detection/Prevention of Substance Abuse)]
Elimination of Bias
- Pathways to Achieving Judicial Diversity [1.25 Hours MCLE; 1 Elimination of Bias]
Legal Specialization in Legal Malpractice and Legal Ethics
- When Are Conflict Waivers Effective and When Are They Not! [1 Hour MCLE; 1 Legal Specialization in Legal Malpractice; 1 Ethics]
Each month, we offer one hour of free MCLE in the form of a webinar. This month we present …
2019 Orange County Legal Tech Conference: The Cyberthreat Landscape for Law Firms
Presented by the Law Practice Management and Technology Section
No law firm or business is too small to ignore cybersecurity risks, whether from external sources such as hackers, or internal ones, such as employees who click on phishing or malware emails that appear to be genuine. Learn best practices for data privacy and network security compliance, and compliance with state and federal regulations. [1 Hour MCLE]