The California Lawyers Association is pleased to offer tuition scholarships for the Annual Meeting on September 15-17, 2022. These scholarships are designed to attract participants who have never attended or would traditionally be unable to attend the Annual Meeting. CLA encourages law students, newly licensed attorneys, first time attendees, or practitioners whose financial or professional circumstances would otherwise preclude attendance, to take advantage of this exciting opportunity. Each scholarship covers the participant registration fee for the corresponding event. The deadline to apply is August 22, 2022.
The Annual Meeting provides programs designed to address the education and networking needs of law students and attorneys throughout the state. The events include joint programs with California Judges Association as well as business management and technology, substantive law updates, and difficult to obtain MCLE programming. The events’ agendas will also feature networking events and other useful content for law students and attorneys.
The deadline to submit scholarship applications is Monday, August 22, 2022
Students, new practitioners, and other legal professionals whose financial or professional circumstances may preclude attendance at the Annual Meeting are invited to apply for a tuition scholarship. The Scholarship Committee will review all applications received by the deadline. Scholarships will be awarded based on the following considerations:
- Financial Need.
- Substantive Interest in Annual Meeting or Solo & Small Firm Practice (for Students and newly licensed attorneys)
- Scope of Legal Career and Practice (for Practitioners and other Legal Professionals)
- CLA Membership & Support (for Practitioners and other Legal Professionals)
- Potential contribution to the diversity of attendees at the Annual Meeting or Solo & Small Firm Summit.
To apply for a 2022 Scholarship, please complete and send the following documents: (1) the Scholarship Application form (below); (2) the Scholarship Questionnaire (all responses should be typed in a separate document); and (3) a recent copy of your resume. All application materials must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) on August 22, 2022 to be considered.
Successful applications will be notified by e-mail after Friday, August 26, 2022.
Information about the Annual Meeting is available on the website now at: calawyers.org/2022-annual-meeting/
- The scholarship covers only the participant registration fee for the Annual Meeting
- Registration fees include admission to all education courses, certificate of attendance for MCLE credit and electronic course materials.
- Scholarships are non-transferable and cannot be used or redeemed by non-recipients.
- Those receiving scholarships will receive written confirmation via e-mail after August 26, 2022
- Scholarship recipients who do not wish to attend or are no longer able to attend will forfeit their award. Recipients who are no longer able to attend must notify the Scholarship Committee as soon as possible, by e-mailing: Brianna.Hollingsworth@calawyers.org
- All applications must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) by August 22, 2022 will be considered.