The California Lawyers Association is pleased to offer tuition scholarships for attendance to the following events:
- 2020 Annual Meeting | September 24-26, 2020
- Solo and Small Firm Summit | October 7-8, 2020
These scholarships are designed to attract participants who have never attended or would traditionally be unable to attend the Annual Meeting or Solo & Small Firm Summit. CLA encourages law students, newly-licensed or young attorneys, first time attendees, or practitioners whose financial or professional circumstances would otherwise preclude attendance, to take advantage of this exciting opportunity. Each scholarship covers the participant registration fee for the corresponding event. The deadline to apply is Friday, August 7, 2020.
The Annual Meeting provides programs designed to address the education and networking needs of attorneys throughout the state, and the Solo and Small Firm Summit provides programs targeted toward legal professionals who work in a solo or small practice firm. The events include joint programs with judges, business management and technology, substantive law updates, and difficult to obtain MCLE programming. The events’ agendas will also feature virtual networking events and other useful content for attorneys.
Students, new practitioners, and other legal professionals whose financial or professional circumstances may normally preclude attendance at the Solo & Small Firm Summit or Annual Meeting are invited to apply for a tuition scholarship. The Scholarship Committee will review all applications received by the deadline. Scholarships will be awarded based on the following considerations:
- Financial Need.
- Substantive Interest in Annual Meeting or Solo & Small Firm Practice (for Students)
- Scope of Legal Career and Practice (for Practitioners and other Legal Professionals)
- CLA Membership & Support (for Practitioners and other Legal Professionals)
- Potential contribution to the diversity of attendees at the Annual Meeting or Solo & Small Firm Summit.
To apply for a 2020 Scholarship, please complete and send the following documents: (1) the Scholarship Application form (below); (2) the Scholarship Questionnaire; and (3) a recent copy of your resume. All application materials must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) on Friday, August 7, 2020 to be considered.
Successful applications will be notified by e-mail after Monday, August 31, 2020.
In July 2020, more program information about the Annual Meeting and Solo Summit will be posted on the CLA’s website at: calawyers.org.
- We cannot confirm receipt of scholarship applications. Receipt of applications submitted can be confirmed by calling (916) 516-1712 or e-mailing Brianna.Hollingsworth@calawyers.org.
- The scholarship only covers the participant registration fee for the Annual Meeting or Solo & Small Firm Summit . Registration fees include admission to all education courses, certificate of virtual attendance for MCLE credit and electronic course materials.
- Scholarships are non-transferable and cannot be used or redeemed by non-recipients.
- Those receiving scholarships will receive written confirmation via e-mail after Monday, August 31, 2020.
- Scholarship recipients who do not wish to attend or are no longer able to attend will forfeit their award. Recipients who are no longer able to attend must notify the Scholarship Committee as soon as possible, by e-mailing: Brianna.Hollingsworth@calawyers.org
- All applications must be received by 11:59 PM (PST) by Friday, August 7, 2020 to be considered.