We understand that many attorneys are burdened with student loan debt. SoFi, the largest provider of student loan refinancing, has refinanced more than $30 billion+ in student debt and may be able to reduce the cost of your debt.
SoFi’s refinancing can help CalBar Connect attorneys with student debt save money on total interest with low rates, make lower monthly payments, or shorten the duration of your loans. The main benefits include:
- 0.125% rate discount1: For members who start their application through SoFi.com/CalBar (CLA members receive a 0.25% rate discount through SoFi.com/CLA).
- Serious savings: Save thousands thanks to flexible terms and low variable or fixed rates
- Simplicity: Consolidate all student loans into a single loan with one monthly payment
- No fees: No application fees and no prepayment penalties for paying off your loan early
Have Federal loans? SoFi can help you take advantage of our historically low rates, while also delaying payments through the end of January 2022, when federal student loan forbearance is scheduled to end.
Here’s how it works:
- Apply today through the New Student Loan Refinancing tile at SoFi.com/CalBar (or SoFi.com/CLA) and, if approved, lock in a low interest rate
- Accrue no interest until December 20th, 2021
- SoFi will send funds to your servicers on 12/20 as it can take up to 10 days to process. This date ensures your current servicers are paid in full by the time the CARES Act is currently scheduled to expire, so you won’t have to make another payment.
- Maintain eligibility for federal loan benefits, including potential forgiveness, and cancel any time until December 20th, 2021
- Begin your first payment February 1st, 2022
Questions? Give SoFi a call at 833-946-7634 or email at email@example.com.
Notice: Recent legislative changes have suspended all federal student loan payments and waived interest charges on federally held loans until 1/31/2022. Please carefully consider these changes before refinancing federally held loans with SoFi, as in doing so you will no longer qualify for these changes or other future benefits applicable to federally held student loans.
1Terms and conditions apply. Offer good for new customers only and subject to lender approval. To receive the offer, you must: (1) register and/or apply through the referral link you were given; (2) complete a loan application with SoFi within 90 days of your application start date; (3) and meet SoFi’s underwriting criteria. Once conditions are met the interest rate shown in the Final Disclosure Statement will include an additional 0.125% or 0.25% rate discount because of your involvement with a SoFi partner company at the time of loan origination. Cannot be combined with other rate discounts, with the exception of the 0.25% autopay rate discount. Autopay is not required to receive a loan from SoFi. SoFi reserves the right to change or terminate the Rate Discount Program to unenrolled participants at any time with or without notice.