Dear Section Members:
In addition to the holiday season, it is also the slightly less festive but equally important State Bar and California Lawyers Association membership renewal season! Signing up for another year of membership is easy. You can renew your membership two ways: if you are renewing your license, on the “California Lawyers Association” page, make sure to check the “Antitrust and UCL Section” button, or go to the Your Account page of calawyers.org We encourage you to not only renew your membership in the Antitrust & UCL Section for 2023, but also to take full advantage of that membership in the coming year.
First and foremost, membership means inclusion in the largest community of attorneys practicing antitrust, unfair competition, and trade regulation law in California. Our Section prides itself on including a wide array of thought leaders working as private plaintiff and defense attorneys, government enforcers, in-house counsel, economic consultants, and academics. The Section also works hard to create and foster greater diversity in this community, as well as to support and encourage the next generation of antitrust and UCL attorneys.
Members receive subscriptions to the Section’s publications and newsfeed:
- Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Daily Newsstand via Lexology (publishing over 500 articles every day from 900+ leading law firms and service providers)
- Competition (the Section’s scholarly law journal)
- Antitrust and UCL E-Briefs, News and Notes (the Section’s electronic newsletter)
Members also receive discounts on the Section’s popular products and programs:
- The Section’s In-Person Events:
- Golden State Antitrust and Unfair Competition Law Institute (the Section’s annual day-long CLE event)
- Antitrust Lawyer of the Year Award (the Section’s annual reception, ceremony, and dinner)
- UCL Institute
- Celebrating Women in Competition Law in California
- Other networking events and mixers
- High quality MCLE content in multiple formats (webinars, podcasts, videos, and self-study articles)
- Access to Fastcase Legal Research (a collection of cloud-based software for lawyers to quickly and efficiently accomplish research goals and complete tasks).
Members can advance their careers through the Section by:
- Becoming part of the community of leading antitrust and UCL practitioners in California
- Becoming one of the leaders of or contributing to the Section’s five standing committees: Diversity Committee, Education Committee, Publications Committee, Treatise Committee, and UCL Committee
If you have any questions or would like more information about any of the above, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com.
Happy renewal season, and we look forward to welcoming you back for another great year in 2023!
Lee Brand (Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP)