Get the best of both worlds
Earn CLE credits, network with attorneys from across the state, and connect with exhibitors, all from the comfort of your home
Learn more from CLA’s CEO and Executive Director Ona Alston Dosunmu & President Emilio Varanini
You won’t want to miss our exclusive lineup of speakers and sessions
EARN CLE CREDITS WITH OUR ENGAGING PROGRAMS
- Lawyers as Part of the Solution to Racial and Societal Tensions – Yes, it is Your Responsibility
- Corporate Governance 2020 and Beyond – The Impact of
COVID-19 and Social Movements
- Is the Whole World on Fire? Hot Topics in Insurance!
- The New Green Legal Cannabis Rush – Is it For Everyone?
- Ethical Marketing and Branding in 2020 and Beyond
- Big Brother is Watching – What is the Public Entitled to under
the Public Records and what Privacy is there in 2020?
- Advising Public Agencies in a Pandemic and During Civil
- Best Practices In and Out of
the Courtroom for California Judges and Attorneys
Advance your career
Network with attorneys across California
- Land your next job
- Connect with CLA Sections & join a Committee
- Grow your practice
- Collaborate on New Opportunities
- Learn about the latest technology.
- Find educational resources to help advance your career.
- Get to know other law firms in California
Register today for only $95
As we set out to plan the 2020 Annual Meeting, we identified several goals for the conference, CLA’s largest in-person event. These goals included: attracting new, more diverse and younger attendees; improving accessibility to lawyers and law students across California; and offering more health and wellness, networking and social activities – all while continuing to offer top-notch substantive educational programming. Then, the weight of COVID-19 hit California, and we transitioned to a fully virtual event in compliance with health directives and common sense.
We are disappointed to miss the opportunity to be together in San Diego this year, and some of our goals had to be adjusted. But there are some benefits of meeting virtually, like reducing costs and increasing accessibility by eliminating travel. We are also trying new virtual meeting tools and techniques that may create more remote participation opportunities in the future and increase accessibility and participation in CLA activities.
In all, our planning committee, speakers and dedicated CLA staff have all adapted at lightning speed to bring you this year’s conference, fully infused with information and ideas relevant to the practice of law today in California, including 2020’s unique challenges. We hope you enjoy what CLA has to offer, here at the Annual Meeting, and in the rest of our work to be The Bar Association of California.
Osha Meserve, Co-chair CLA Programs Committee/Annual Meeting
Heather Benton, Annual Meeting Co-Chair