Proposals must be received by Friday, June 28, 2019
Download the cover sheet here.
All L&E Section Diversity Grant applications must include the following:
A. Cover Sheet
Every application must include a Cover Sheet. The format for the coversheet is included on the L&E Section’s Grants webpage here.
B. Project Description
All applicants must also submit a full project description providing the following:
1. A statement of the problem that the project will address.
2. A statement of the objective of the project and how you will measure its success.
3. A description of the project.
4. A description of the extent to which the project meets the Funding Criteria outlined by the Grants Committee.
5. A brief summary of what, if anything, others have already done in this area. The application must attest that an effort has been made to determine whether any federal, state or local government agency is currently providing a similar service and, if so, that the applicant has coordinated with the agency to ensure that services already being provided will not be duplicated.
6. The estimated schedule for the project. Discuss what steps will be taken at specific points during the project period.
7. A proposed budget, including:
(a) the organization's total budget;
(b) the project's total budget;
(c) the amount of funds requested; and
(d) additional funding sources and fundraising strategies for the organization and the project, if any.
Indicate the specific purpose for which you are requesting funds and your priorities in the event that the Section awards your organization less than the full amount requested. (The Grant will be used to benefit the public and not to promote the requesting Entity’s self-promotion.)
8. Optional: You may send us supplemental material that you think is crucial to your application, such as letters of endorsements and newspaper articles regarding the project.
C. Certification Regarding Use of Grant Funds
All applications must also include a certification signed by you indicating that if awarded grant funds, you will:
Please be aware that in the event you are awarded a grant, the L&E Section Executive Committee may audit the expenditure of any grant funds awarded, including an inspection of your supporting financial documentation.